1. Please read through the entire post.
2. Australian Informatics Competition is one of the stages in identifying and training students to represent Australia at the International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI). The competition is also open to students outside Australia. Each year, SST will send all Sec 2 students to participate in this competition.
3. The details of the AIC 2013 are as follow:
Australia Informatics Competition (Secondary 2)
Date: 9th May 2013 (Thursday)
Time: 2 pm – 3.30 pm
4. All Sec 2 students are to take part in AIC 2013 unless they have official excuse, to be approved by the Maths department. Students who like to request for excuse can write to Ms Gwendolyn Lim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Sec 2 students are to report at 2 pm sharp to the respective areas outside the Auditorium. Seating arrangement is given in the Annex A below. Note that there should be no one sitting directly to your left or to your right.
6. Students are to keep their belongings in their lockers and have only 2B pencils, erasers, rulers and calculators for the competition.
7. Space has been allocated on the front cover of the competition paper for you to write your name so your paper can be returned to you one week after sitting the competition
8. B or 2B pencils must be used for shading the options. Ballpoint and ink pen or faint pencil markings may be missed by the optical scanner. Please do not make any other marks on your answer sheet as these will make the sheet unreadable.
9. There are 15 questions. Questions 1 - 6 are multiple choice with 5 possible answers given. Questions 7 - 15 require a three-digit answer. Attempt all questions. Penalties do not apply.
10. Participants are allowed working time of one hour (60 minutes). There is no extra reading time.
11. Some rules for the competition:
- No student is to leave the room during the competition unless accompanied by a supervisor.
- Students are to remain in the room until the competition has concluded.