Google Maps is a web mapping service application and technology provided by Google. It offers street maps, a route planner for traveling by foot, car, bike (beta), or public transport and an urban business locator for numerous countries around the world. Google Maps satellite images are not updated in real time; they are several months or years old.
1. Log in to the School Email Account. Click at "More" and choose "Maps"
2. Locate SST in the GoogleMap
3. Click at "Save to map" to "Create a new map" in your account
4. Now, at your "map page", click at EDIT so that you can update the various fields in the map
5. Edit the information as shown in image below:
- Rename the title of the map to "Places I like to go in Singapore".
- Add the description to the map.
- Set the privacy and sharing settings to "Unlisted"
"Save" the settings after you completed the above.
6. You are going to mark at least 10 places in the map.
To add the places in the map, search for the location first. Then click at "Save to map" and select the map "Places I like to go in Singapore". The landmark will be automatically added to your map.
7. Upon completion, click at DONE to save the entire map.
8. To retrieve your map, enter the URL: https://maps.google.com
Click at "My places" and the map "Places I like to go in Singapore" will be displayed.
9. Click at the link "Places I like to go in Singapore". The map will be displayed.
1. In your map, search for the nearest MRT station to your home.
2. Add a placemark at the MRT station. Name the station and add the description as shown.
3. Click at the placemarker icon (at the top right corner) to select the MRT icon.
4. Now, we are going to get directions to travel from the MRT station to SST.
Enter the 2 locations, with the MRT station as starting point, "A" and SST being the destination, "B".
5. Click at "Get Directions". You will can choose to display the route by car, MRT or foot.
The path is also traced in the map.